Thursday 26 February 2009

Gems

Migraine day yesterday - and still today - means everything else takes a back seat. But prior to migraine day was find some new gemstones day! So I've got some lovely colours to look at and get inspired by and try and figure out what to do with.

In this sweet little shop I firstly found . . .



. . . which is called red lined agate but looks quite orange, more like the richness of carnelian.

I found this amazonite bead too.



I'm not sure I'll be able to part with that one . . . It's wonderfully chunky, a gorgeous shape and I'm falling in love with the colour.

I bought a few other things, a few more nugget shaped beads but of a good size, that I'm tempted to turn into focal pendants. I used some silver yesterday, before the migraine struck, to create headpins.

Now I just need to find that inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment here - I always love to read them and I do my best to reply to them all, either here or by email.