Monday 3 November 2014

Jewelled Web - November 2014 - Link Love


jewelled web nov 14 photo jewelled_web_nov14.jpg
Such a mild and sometimes sunny October we've had in the UK! It's been quite wonderful. A couple of days were so mild it was t-shirt weather and I dreamed of how much nicer the colder months would be if the temperatures were only just that little bit warmer than it really is... I know, I know, be careful what you wish for or you end up with climate change and the seas covering the land...

I'm a little late with posting my Jewelled Web links this month - unfortunately I've been spending some time at hospital with family lately and it takes it toll in lots of ways, but it's good to be able to float around the net, when I can, all the same.

Here's some of what I've discovered on the web and what I'm looking forward to reading this coming month of fireworks and frosts...



~jewellery links~


 Nice, bold and bright beads create a simple necklace from polymer clay and cord.

3-D jewellery printing sounds exciting and ambitious. And if this algal bloom pendant and these bird and cage earrings are examples of what can be created using computers then it must be worth keeping an eye on. This starfish necklace is also pretty amazing...

If it isn't wrong to buy yourself a Christmas gift then I may have to treat myself to this bronze fox ring...

although I also love these Steampunk rings...

and I'm rather partial to a unicorn pendant as well...

Some great ideas for making your own earring cards - my personal favouite is the paint colour cards; look out DIY shops!

Pricing jewellery? These two features here and here both look interesting and helpful.

A great tutorial on making simple hammered hoop earrings.

More stone setting. It's on my list. I think these posts and pictures might inspire; here and here and here.



~non-jewellery links~


I love this map of the constellations of autumn...featured on this great web site They Draw and Travel.

A list of Google's easter eggs. Ideal for a rainy afternoon if you've nothing else to do...!

How to turn a day from a snail into a hare. Metaphorically speaking.

I reckon batching might speed a day up as well, productivity wise...

Very handy (and pretty) infographic cheat sheet about photography and what all those numbers really mean...

How to empty the container; wise words indeed.

What fragrance does the moon have?

The About Page. Does your need work? Mine does so I'm collecting advice about how to re-do it. Here's where I'll start reading... Then I'll visit this article... and then I'll stop off here too...


~~~~


Hospital visits aside, it's an exciting month coming up as I'm featured in a magazine, Make and Sell Jewellery (I've yet to get my hands on a copy but I will very soon!), and I'm also starting a series on my blog of interviews with other jewellery makers...the first feature should be appearing perhaps later this week.

And, as an aside, if you regularly read the Jewelled Web posts and wonder if the photo I've used this month looks familiar, then it is... trawling through my archives I discovered I used a similar image for October 2013... obviously those leaves in the garden persuade me to get my camera out every year...! I'll have to check the dates of the photos to see if I took them at around the same time, or if autumn really is later this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment here - I always love to read them and I do my best to reply to them all, either here or by email.